Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Sweet Dreams are Made of This???

I have been reading Ezekiel lately and thinking about God's interaction with His people throughout the Old and New Testament. Many of the times when God had a message for a specific person He sent it to them in a dream. Reading the beginning of Ezekiel and his extremely strange visual encounter with the glory of God I can't help but think that he must have been dreaming. I know it doesn't say he was...so maybe he wasn't...but either way I can't help but wonder if God is sometimes trying to reach me in my dreams.

But then I begin to think about my dreams...and wow, are they ever weird. If He's trying to speak to me...I am totally missing the point. Last night I had a very elaborate dream that was basically centered around the idea of me being late to write a Branscombe Exam. Hmm, when I think about Branscombe (and the fact that he is not always known for his grace) I start to think maybe this was more of a nightmare.

In other news...music categories really confuse me sometimes. I mean what does a "Experimental, Surf Rock, Post Hardcore" band sound like exactly?

I'm also sitting here wondering about the first staplers. I wonder if they were some big elaborate machines? We have come so far...and yet we still can't even figure out how to make oranges grow without peels. Sad really.

Rainman

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris Massie said...

I've thought about recording my dreams as soon as I remember them and wake up, but then I realize that I like to hit the snooze button. So I just roll over and go back to sleep instead.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Warrior said...

I'm pretty sure my dreams would get me in trouble. Either other people would hurt me or someone would come and take me away to the place where they see imaginary squirrel.

3:29 AM  
Blogger S.I. said...

I thought of some more problems with hibernation while I was stuffing envelopes (guess it inspires me?). People could get infections from hiberntion--if you aren't showering, dat be's bad. what are you gonna do, stay sleeping while someone else throws you in a shower? And, if you get an infection and don't take care of it, you end up dead. So what may have seemed like a harless little sleepy-sleep ends up bringing about your sorry end!!!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Hey Paul, do you still beat people up in all your dreams like you used to? Cuz I'm not sure what God would be trying to tell you through that...

2:33 PM  
Blogger S.I. said...

Hey, I was looking back at your post about chortle, and I made up a new word--fat + butt + futt. But I realized that could be mistaken for a four letter word...oh wait it is a four...letter...

6:27 PM  
Blogger S.I. said...

um, that last + was supposed to be an =

6:28 PM  
Blogger Hooper said...

I don't think so, you giant...

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home