Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Science, where are you?

I'm sitting here at Massie's computer, staring at an orange and an apple that have been left on his desk...and I can't help but wonder something:

What's with the peel?

Don't get me wrong, I love oranges, especially clementines, but I hate the effort I have to put forth to eat one. All that peeling and the mess it creates....not to mention the fact that I can never seem to completely separate the peel from the orange without living some of those white stringy things behind.

So I gotta ask: Why hasn't science overcome this? Why haven't they genetically engineered some kind of super orange that grows sans peel? And don't try to tell me that they can't. They have figured out how to make MASSIVE pumpkins, invincible corn, and clone (so they have claimed) sheep and dogs. Surely they can do something as simple as this.

Come on science...time to pull up the sleeves and get to it! Until then I will have to settle for only eating oranges when someone else is around to peel them for me.

Rainman

1 Comments:

Blogger Mommy said...

I think this is my first time here, but I laughed out loud about the peel thing. I think I think you are too funny.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home