Tuesday, January 10, 2006

And the song plays on...

-Day #2 of Project "Back in Class"-

Well, all I can say is that I am SO glad that I have Tuesdays and Thursdays off, because I feel like someone ran over me with a Zambonie. 6am to 9:30pm is a long day. Luckily it is filled with fun and dancing...oh no, wait that's Britney Spears' day, not mine. Mine is filled with rambling and chicken. The big question I've been asking myself is, "Can I keep this up?" Can I survive an entire semester of Mondays?

Looking on the bright side...I've come realize that there are a few benefits to having such a long day:
1. I have something to complain about. Which is always important.
2. The song "Manic Monday" suddenly has so much more meaning for me.
3. When I go crazy and kill someone I will be able to blame it on a lack of sleep.
4. I get two helpings of Gavel's rabbit trail laden lectures in one day! (Okay, maybe this belongs on a different list).
5. The possibility for smoke breaks in a 15 and half hour day are unlimited! (If only I smoked...)

Today I've also come to the conclusion that all internet search engines are against me. My personal opinion is that someone should program a search engine around my personal preferences. When you type in something it will completely ignore what you typed and instead bring up whatever my heart desires at that moment. Example:

You type: "Current Exchange Rates"
Results: www.purevolume.com

Notice that it only gives one result...that's the GREAT part about it. No more sifting through a million useless sites in search of that one good one. Now you will be given only one site...sure it may have nothing to do with what you are looking for...but that's how search engines seem to work now anyway. In this case, I have saved you the boredom of economics and led you to the joy of music.

So I hear Matt Good has a new album out. You will buy it for me!

If you are looking for something to do, I've been really curious about scotch tape lately. Why is it called scotch tape? Was it invented by a scot? Is scotch used in the making of it? I have no idea...and frankly I'm too lazy to find out for myself. That's where you come in...you will wade through the endless web and find me the results.

Well, believe it or not I actually have important things to do...so I guess I should go do them. Good luck with "The Search for Answers".

Rainman

2 Comments:

Blogger matthew said...

Richard Drew was a lab tech who set out to make an "adhesive which would leave a clean demarcation line" for an automotive paint-job.

But in his first attempt he went cheapo, using a "2 inch wide masking tape with adhesive" only on the outer edges.

The auto painter became upset when the tape failed to 'stick' and told Richard to "Take this back to your stingy Scotch bosses and tell them to put more adhesive on it." (the Scotts were known as...thrifty people).

The name "Scotch" has "stuck" ever since.

*information stolen from:
http://www.rampantscotland.com/know/blknow_scotchtape.htm

5:01 PM  
Blogger Hooper said...

Really makes you wonder what other products got their names from good ol' timey pseudo-racism.

Also, Matt Good's last "album" was actually a greatest hits sort of thing.

3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home