Saturday, August 20, 2005

Reading...

     Over this past year I’ve really developed a passion for learning.  I suppose it was always there, but now I am seeing the benefit of learning through books.  So I think I will add some blogs about what I am reading and how it is affecting me.

     Recently I am reading:
          “Turn Your Church Inside Out” by Walt Kallestad
          “And Jesus Said” by William Barclay
     I just finished reading:
          “The Relevant Church” by Jennifer Ashley
          “The Tent Making Pastor” by Dennis W. Bickers

     It’s pretty easy to see a trend here.  I very rarely read for pleasure, although I do take pleasure in it.  Generally I try to read for the express purpose of learning more about ministry or the Bible.  So I guess really I should probably add the Bible up there under the list of things I am currently reading, since I try to read from it daily.
     Right now I am going through the book of Nehemiah attempting to prepare for a sermon...although I haven’t picked a specific verse yet.  Anyway...that’s what I am reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home