Tuesday, January 17, 2006

People are so predictable...

Okay, time for a quick rant:

Why do we get SO stuck on the little things sometimes? Life (at least this life) is too short and the mission too great for us to be lost in our own selfish desires and stuck in our petty strongholds.

I realize that makes very little sense, since I'm not going to actually refer to what brought that up, but I will say this...if I get stuck on something stupid, PLEASE KICK ME!

Now back to our regularly scheduled program:

Renata and I watched "War of the Worlds" yesterday...not bad. It didn't blow me away, but it did entertain me. (Of course that isn't really all that hard to do).

I'm bored with music these days...not playing it...but just with what is out there. It's not that people aren't making good music these days, just that at the moment I'm finding most of it to be the same old thing. Right now I'm surfing purevolume.com in hopes of finding something that will spark my interest, but so far...no luck. Am I missing something? What are you guys listening to?

Oh no...I feel another rant coming on....
I'm SO tired of these mainstream musicians and there "sex sells" mentality. I'm sure it does, but whatever happened to letting talent and creativity do the work? Anyone can make a music video with half naked women grinding anything that comes within six feet of them. Honestly... I am not even sickened by pop music...heck, one of my secret loves (Musically that is) is Mariah Carey. I have no idea why I like her songs, but all I know is that any time I see her on T.V. I just want to offer her a housecoat.

So to sum it up: Britney Spears, Christina Aquilera, Jennifer and Ashley Simpson, and all the other female musicians out there that are on the sex sells train should be put back in a bottle and never "rubbed the right way". Of course that's just my opinion.

And don't even get me started about 50 Cent and the current rap/hip hop scene...

Wow...I'm getting bitter in my old age. Could this be a stronghold lol.

Rainman

2 Comments:

Blogger matthew said...

hey! jennifer simpson is my favorite.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Nata said...

lol - I'm sure she is, Matt.

Hun, you hate her so much that you got her name wrong. That's JESSICA Simpson. :)

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home