Friday, January 20, 2006

Things I learned today, Part Deux

Today was a big day for me...maybe I can even make it to ten:

1. Remember that guy when you were little that always claimed that "you missed" when you were playing guns in your backyard? I now realize the solution to the problem...use real guns.

2. Skee-Lo still rules. I also wish I was a little bit taller. Clearly his one hit is a timeless classic.

3. There will be various "rewards" in heaven, and Chris Massie will get ice cream.

4. Dr. Gavel is opposed to words under three syllables.

5. I'm not gifted in the ways of spelling, and thus am not certain if the word "syllables" is actually spelled correctly in #4.

6. Hearing people talk in their sleep can provide countless seconds of enjoyment until they begin muttering, "Dead, dead, all of them! I'm going to kill them ALL!"

7. Yes Rob, I do want you to come visit and stay over at our place. (I realize this has nothing to do with "Things I learned today" but I needed to fit it in there somewhere.

8. People who claim that "everything is more fun when you are high" clearly have not considered falling. Falling is definitely much less fun when you are high. Example: Falling off the CN Tower...that wouldn't be fun at all. In fact I think it would be quite painful. Although someone told me yesterday that cats have a lower and terminal velocity and therefore can survive a fall from great heights. (This has never been tested due to animal cruelty regulations). So maybe if you were a cat, falling could be more fun when you are high.

9. Sleeping is an extremely effective cure for fatigue...going to class is not.

10. Scientists suggest that your brain wakes up from sleep in stages. Therefore when you first get out of bed, your brain is not fully active for awhile. Although I actually learned this the other day, I can't help but think that maybe I shouldn't be commuting to school in the morning. Some days I arrive here and can't remember actually driving here. You should all be very scared.

There you have it. These are the things that I learned today. My Grandmother claims that "you learn something new everyday". Today I have proved her right. She doesn't have the internet, but if she did...I bet she would be proud right now. Actually she would probably be confused and driving some poor technical support worker crazy as she tried to figure out how to use the internet, but yeah....

Rainman

1 Comments:

Blogger t4stywh34t said...

eye <3 paul

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home