Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Is the answer the Mong(patent pending)?

Sorry to disappoint you chuck...but I say a hearty "NO!" Here's why:

During my childhood years there was at least a 2 to 3 year period where I wasn't exactly "cool". (Many would argue that the period is more like 28 years and counting). Anyway...as many of you out there would know, kids that are not "cool" are often plagued by a great evil known as "The Wedgie". Now, to my knowledge (although maybe I'm simply blocking out the memories) I can only recall receiving a wedgie on less than 10 occassions. However, that was enough for me to decide that I didn't like it. Therefore the thought of choosing to begin each day with that experience (afterall that is what the mong offers) doesn't appeal to me at all.

Matt...you might be on to something. No not the "wear" idea, but your comment about the culture. I'm not real keen on the idea of of going naked...since as Seinfeld showed us, there's "good naked and bad naked", but maybe the Scots have been onto something: The Kilt.

Of course there are some possible downsides to the kilt. First of all, I'm not sure I'm a kilt kinda guy. I mean...isn't it really close to being a skirt? Secondly, they HAVE to be seasonal...you can't wear that in the winter. Thirdly, and this leads me back to the skirt thing, there is the danger of it being a gateway article of clothing to cross dressing. I mean, you start with the kilt, next thing you know you're hitting the tanning salon because of your pasty thighs. Then your contemplating shaving....or maybe even high heels to give you that toned form. Pretty soon your heading out on weekends under your other name, "Suzy".

Anyway...these are the dangers I see which unfortunately keep me in underwear, no matter how warm they are.

3 Comments:

Blogger S.I. said...

how about you....wear some...........why aren't you trying boxers???

11:07 PM  
Blogger t4stywh34t said...

Paul, I can't believe the irony of this, but today at the bank I saw someone wearing a kilt - but not just any kilt. It's called a "utilikilt". Check out my blog.

11:52 AM  
Blogger YouthPastorChic said...

Oh my word... Paul you're too funny! How's everything going?? Hope all is well.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home