Tuesday, July 04, 2006

G.I. Joe -vs- the USA

I titled this post "G.I. Joe -vs- the USA", but then I remembered the catch phrase in the G.I. Joe song..."a real American hero". I'm guessing that if they were to go up against the US that they'd no longer be able to use that line. Although it could still make sense...I mean maybe Joe is a little upset with the recent happenings in the US...maybe that's set him off. Maybe Joe got tired of doing all the dirty work?

Okay...back on topic. First, let me say that G.I. Joe, despite being much smaller than Barbie, could still kick her plastic butt any day of the week. (Except maybe Saturday...I think that's his day off.) So, Cantankerous, you were wise to choose him over your Barbie dolls.

Secondly, I just blew up the hardest beach ball ever. (Well the ball itself isn't hard...it was just hard to fill with air). Anyway...this got me wondering...why on earth is it called a beach ball. That's pretty limiting really. If I was marketing this product, I would have called the "EVERYWHERE BALL". I mean...it's great for indoor or outdoor playing...the light weight makes it safe for just about any environment. (Except maybe Scotland).

Thirdly, women need to know that men don't notice things like haircuts or make up shades. It's not because we don't love you, or don't pay attention to you...it's because we work within percentages. You see our internal system sees a woman and rates her in beauty percentage. Anything above 50% is at least mildly attractive. For most guys...their wives, girlfriends, or significant other would rate somewhere around 100% to them. Now...this part is important: Our brain will only alert us of change if these percentages drop below the 50% attractive line. Obviously, a drastic change is required to make sure a change. A haircut wouldn't likely do it....unless they shaved off all your hair and possibly the top 2 inches of your head....this we would likely notice. So you see...it would have to be pretty bad for us to notice.

I realize that in most cases these changes are actually GOOD changes. The haircut suits you very well, and may even add many beauty percentage marks...so why don't we notice? Because positive change doesn't register. Our alarm only goes off in emergencies....if you get MORE attractive, that's GREAT, just don't expect an alarm.

So basically what I am getting at, is that anything I know about men or women I learned from G.I. Joe...so you probably should just ignore my explanations.

5 Comments:

Blogger t4stywh34t said...

1. Right is right.
2. Wrong is wrong.
3. Hi Paul, I'm wearing underwear right now.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Chris Massie said...

Underwear is good, and I think the percentage thing is pretty right on. Good call. You've come through with wisdom once again. How do you do it?

11:35 PM  
Blogger S.I. said...

Is it okay if I tell everyone I'm wearing underwear now too? And thankfully, that Italian guy on the World cup was when his pants were removed...

12:49 AM  
Blogger S.I. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Anime tranny Gina maravilla transvestite deductible business expenses health insurance Columbus ohio dance event Reconditioned printer ink cartridges Arena football leage jersys voip2c voice over ip2c internet telephony2c ip phones2c ice cream machine rhode island Julie sandlau jewelry

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home