Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The REST of your life...

So I was thinking yesterday (and today) about my marriage and I realized how lucky I was to have Renata and how much I really do suck. In alot of ways I compare it to encountering God (Not that I am putting Renata on the same level as God...). I used to think I was an okay guy. I didn't consider myself "good looking" but I didn't think I was ugly. I thought I was well mannered and generally nice...but now I realize that I was way off. In reality I am hairy (but not in the right spot), chubby, smelly, incosiderate and generally repulsive. I can just imagine late at night Renata must wake up to the sound of my snoring and think, "What on earth have I gotten into?"

Just to give you a few examples of how disgusting I am:

- I leave my underwear EVERYWHERE (which I think drives her nuts...I am basising that guess on the many times she has told me NOT to do it). And I do mean everywhere. I am banned from Zellers now for leaving 3 pairs in the stuffed animal section.

- I can sometimes (most times) be too lazy to shave for about 6 months...during which I look like a homeless guy who had a bad encounter with George Forman.

- I flip out and kill people ALL the time....errrr, wait that's not me, that's ninja's.

Anyway, my point is that I am pathetic and Renata deserves some kind of medal (and perhaps counselling) for marrying me.

And guess what ladies...the guys that you are dating or want to be dating that seem so wonderful now, will likely turn out to be just as disgusting (if not more...cause I do shower daily and most don't) as me. So you might want to think about that before you go through with the wedding.

Paul

9 Comments:

Blogger t4stywh34t said...

sage advice

4:59 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Now, Paul, what are you doing going and telling girls that while some of your friends -- like me -- are still single?! Come on... you've let the cat out of the bag; now we're all screwed.

8:05 PM  
Blogger S.I. said...

well, I used to think that other boys were cleaner than my brothers. I found out in college that I was wrong:-)

10:12 PM  
Blogger S.I. said...

Still, I bug my brother Ben to shower when he smells from working out...one thing I can't stand is smelly boys. I like boys, but not nasty poo poo ones.;-)

10:13 PM  
Blogger Heather Durkee said...

Good points. But I also think no matter who you marry you will find annoying things about living with them.

On the contrary--not that you try to change your spouse, but i am a neat freak and Adam really does a good job at trying!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Sween said...

Yeah, hygene (however you spell it) is overrated, at least on weekends. I shave every other day... yeah... and my clothes have a nasty habit of piling up... sometimes. If I were gay, I'd be neat.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Lor & Josh said...

Paul, thank goodness you hid your unmentionables when I came to visit (or maybe your wife did it for you). your marriage can survive such atrocities, but I'm not sure our friendship could ;)

6:00 PM  
Blogger S.I. said...

Hey, if you like decorating with your smelly clothes, then perhaps designate some place to strewn them around. Maybe you can own the closet so you can throw them everywhere in there--that way it's hidden. THERE. Saved by Dr. Steph.

9:54 AM  
Blogger S.I. said...

Hey, are you still carrying rob's baby?

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home