Monday, February 13, 2006

3rd Time's a Charm

Wow...so some how my last post got posted 3 times in a row. Does that make it more important? I think this is proof that I would have been terrible in the computer industry, which is what I was planning to do prior to coming to Bethany. I had just completed my college training to be a Network Administrator/Technician...

This got me thinking about Geoff's blog and his ideas of what he would have done if he could go back and pick a different field...I wonder what I would have done?

Lawyer - For most of my life I wanted to go into law...I think mostly because it pays well. The big deterent for me was having to read all those law cases...so I changed my mind...

Phyciatrist - I honestly considered going into counselling, because I was told I was good at helping people sort through there problems...however, there is just one problem: I hate people. I guess that's a pretty big one though...especially in that field.

Musician - This is a huge dream of mine but I think I lack some of the necessary elements. 1. Talent, not saying I have none...but just not any amazing amount. 2. I like to shower daily. 3. I hate people and travelling with them :)

Con Artist - Anyone who knows of my past life knows that I really was fascinated with this seedy side of life...I think if God hadn't saved me from that life I would be deep into it now. Hating people actually was a benefit in this one.

Hitman - I realize that this is a tricky field to get into, but I read a book when I was younger written from the perspective of a hitman and I thought it sounded fascinating...again hating people helped here. The downside is I doubt I could actually kill anyone...so unless there is a type of hitman that doesn't actually kill people I don't think I could get the job. Is there a warning-man? A guy who just shoots a warning shot at the guy to let him know the hit is coming if he doesn't do whatever it is he is supposed to do? Cause I could do that.

Ugly Sidekick - You know...the friend that makes the other friends look good by comparison.

Any suggestions?

Rainman

P.S. - I don't really hate people.

P.S.S. - I have to say that...

2 Comments:

Blogger Lor & Josh said...

you could have been the zamboni man (how the heck do you spell that word?) reasons: one: you like coffee. i once saw a tim horton's commercial where the zamboni man drank like 3 extra larges a day or something. that's my only reason so far. think it over paul.

11:57 PM  
Blogger S.I. said...

I don't think you can be a Phyciatrist. It doesn't exist. It's somewhere between a Physicist and a psychiatrist;-) NEW FIELD JUST FOR YOU!

You probably could be a musician because you hve "the look". Thank God you shower more than normal ones. I can't stand dirty boys.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home