Monday, February 13, 2006

Extreme Makeover : Church Edition

Last night Renata and I watched Extreme Makeover: Home Edition...and it got me thinking:
"Why aren't we doing this???" This seems like something that churches should be doing, although probably not to this scale since we couldn't afford it, but I'm sure most churches could find someone in their community that could use some help.

I look around my own church and see that there are lots of "handy" people that could do this kind of service. Plus I see a bunch of benefits:

1. It gives people in the church a chance to use their God-given skills in practical ways.
2. It helps great community within the church.
3. It is a great outreach.
4. It will ACTUALLY paint the church in a positive light for the first time in long time.
5. It is practical way to be the body of Christ to our community.
6. People that may not be interested in serving in alot of other ministries may be interested in this.
7. It is good for church promotion.
8. It gives a chance for the community to contribute to the community, and I would imagine would be a positive light in alot of otherwise negative lives.
9. It helps people that need it.
10. It would make for a good book...lol

So yeah, that's what I am thinking. I can't wait to get on staff and dream, and maybe even get to do some of this.

Rainman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home