Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Silence of the Lamb...

I'd like to say that I haven't posted recently due to the fact that I was abducted by the Russians because I was getting too close to the truth. I'd like to say that....but it would be a lie. In reality, I have just had little interest in writing due to the large amount of writing I have had to do for papers. This is "crunch" time afterall.

Now, having said that...just because I wasn't abducted, doesn't mean I was wrong about the Russians. Think about it...if they had abducted me, it would have been obvious. These guys are pros remember....they know how to the play the game.

Speaking of playing games, Renata found an old VHS tape of hers that had some episodes of X-Files on them...and I gotta say, that show really wasn't very good. What were we thinking when we watched it? (Oh and I realize that has nothing to do with games...but I'm writing this, not you....so back off!)

It is a strange phenomenon of men that we seem to always be looking for the "conspiracy" in things. I think that's why a show like X-Files did so well. For some reason we can't help but feel like there is something more to our everyday mundane lives. I wonder if this is, in a way, part of our desire for God? Or maybe just a need for adventure? I know that I crave adventure from time to time...although if I really did stumble upon a huge plot by the Russian's and they came to kill me, I think I would get over that desire VERY quickly. Now don't get me wrong... I don't necessarily think that I'm a wuss (I am), but I have a very low tolerance for being killed. Seriously...I think it might be an allergy. There have been very few times when I thought I might die and my body COMPLETELY rejected it. I'm sure there are medications you can take for that...but I figure I can live with an allergy to death.

By the way...If you are reading this, and smell a slight odor that reminds you of vodka...RUN!

9 Comments:

Blogger matthew said...

haha

i'm not sure i have anything else to add. but a 1 word comment is kinda lame (technically, that disclaimer makes my comment more than 1 word, but i doubt disclaimers count against lameness)

Ok, i'll say this...of all the blogs i speed read through in a given week, yours is not one of them. take that however you want

4:40 AM  
Blogger Nata said...

Paul Edwin Tweedy, if you ever speak ill of The X-Files again, you are doing the laundry for the rest of your life. And I mean that. Understood?

For those of you who have never had the pleasure, X-Files is a perfectly WONDERFUL show that is complex, whimsical, romantic, and just plain funny. My husband knows nothing about anything - disregard anything he says on the subject.

2:23 PM  
Blogger MacP said...

I say we take it to the Russians first. I mean, why wait for them to come to us. We can enter from Alaska and catch them completely by surprise. No one expects the Alaskans!

9:01 PM  
Blogger S.I. said...

EDWIN!

9:15 AM  
Blogger S.I. said...

That's the name of the 90+ year old mean who started the churches I grew up in!!!

9:15 AM  
Blogger S.I. said...

mean being man...

9:16 AM  
Blogger Hooper said...

All of this seems like sound reasoning, but I have a question:

What if I'd just finished drinking an entire bottle of Vodka?

3:06 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I have to agree with your wife on this one, Paul. I like X-Files. You jerk.

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Photos gallery 2004 cadillac cts pictures

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home