Tuesday, April 17, 2007

It's All Fun and Games...Until Marvin the Martian Flips You Off...

Today I was driving to work and noticed that the car ahead of me had a bumper sticker on it comprised of Marvin the Martian flipping the bird. Normally, I probably wouldn't even have noticed this...but since my promise to Chuck, I seem to have a heightened sense for detecting middle fingers. (Again, this may be some form of super power...but if it is, it isn't a real useful one. "Oh, so you can turn invisible, fly and stop bullets with your mind...big whoop! I can tell when little Johnny is giving someone the middle finger 12 blocks away!")

Of course, once I noticed this bumper sticker I had to stay true to my word and get REALLY angry. So, taking Maria's advice, I got REALLY angry and looked for something big to throw. The biggest thing within range seemed to be my car...so...at the next light, I came to a complete stop...waited for the appropriate time to launch my vehicle of death into the air and onto Marvin, and then...like the huge wuss that I am, I simply drove away.

Did I get really angry? Technically no. Did I throw something big at the guy? Also technically a no. But as I drove casually past his car, I think he got my message.

Hmmm...I just had an idea...I need to find that bumper sticker, and put it on the front of my car. That way if I ever see that guy again, I can give him a taste of his own medicine.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, maybe the reason the new formula NyQuil you took isn't "improved" is because of its new side-effect: a heightened sense of when "da bird," as I affectionately call it, is flipped, coupled with a side of intense rage when one comes in contact with said "da bird."

the formula might not be "improved," but it could be labeled as "new and more entertaining."

11:34 AM  
Blogger Maria Purviance said...

glad you thought of using my idea..although i am glad you chickened out...cuz if you would have thrown your car at the guy two bad things would have happened..you probably would have killed him..causing you to go to prison...and you probaby would have destroyed your car...leaving you walking. i don't know which is worse.
find the bumper sticker.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home